Monday, August 18, 2008

LOST

So, before y'all read this keep the thought in mind that I don't consider myself a poet. I just am lucky enough to sit down, and kinda express my feelings...I wrote this around Christmas time of last year when....oh, let's just say my life wasn't in the right place. And my mother can greatly understand that one. Hope y'all enjoy, and if y'all do I'll post some more!!

-Trevor







LOST
Wondering down these streets, lost and out of sight
Searching for anything to make it feel alright
Turning corners and hiding in dark places
I’ve been here before. I remember these faces
Everything here is so blunt yet so secretive
I’m lying to myself, amongst these things trying to find a place to live
I’ve accepted my fortune along with my defeat
I’m hanging by the moment and on the edge of my seat
And now, I hang my head even lower than before
These things that never seemed to hurt, now hurt to the core
Maybe I’ll be able to look up without a pain inside
It writhes and moans, it crawls up and it hides
Something so close and something I’ll never be able to explain
So once again, I lie down with these things that haunt me
I close my eyes hard cause it’s something I don’t want to see
I threw away all my happiness, for fear of losing my pride
Now, I cascaded into a downward spiral with only myself left inside
As I slowly drift to sleep with the sounds of nothing in my heart
I hope to find a point of light, in which to start.

5 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

I am so glad you are now found. That was beautiful and am I so proud of you. I love you! mom

amelia bedelia said...

I'm proud of you too, Trev. Your poem was great.

By the way, you were tagged, go read my blog.

love ya!

careysue said...

Wow! You have a lot to say, keep it up!

Insane Mama said...

I think that is deep, thanks for sharing your honest feelings

jill jill bo bill said...

I have something for you that I will add to your list of "great things my mom has done for me". LOVE YOU!!!